We think the building began at the end of the 12th century until the 13th century
The castel is a quadrilateral composed of 3 wings and a “Philippe Auguste” wall flanked of 4 corner towers and a courtyard.
Because of its place, it has 2 sundials to show hour the whole day. The tower one is remarkable.
Péchot is a noble stronghold that was already known in 1370!
Archives speak about someone called Guillaume de Peuchot, a lord, at the beginning of the 15th century. Because of the inheritance, the castle goes from a family to another, such as the De La Reynerie family in the 1600’s. Then it has been sold to the Beaufort Montboissier Canillac family. At that time, important works started to repair the castel. It went then in the Lastic family (a part of this family still owns today the Parentignat, a few kilometers far from here).
It was not a principal residence; it was not inhabited from 1750 until its purchase by the present owners’ ancestor in 1906. He transformed it in a farm and dwelling.
Philibert de Lastic sold to our great grandfather the castle and almost 30ha of badlands. Since 25 years we repair the castle.
The outside is free access.
Agriculture is our job, that’s why we offer delicacies the whole year: honey, gingerbread, biscuit, unusual homemade jam…
Thank you for getting in by the portal and ring the bell in the yard.
Open every day from 2pm to 7pm, group booking available, please contact us.
Gaec du Château de Péchot
Aulhat St Privat
Tél : 04.73.71.51.79
Fax : 04.73.71.58.60
Mail : email@example.com